CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Director of Development
Junta seeks a full-time Director of Development for immediate hire. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Junta for Progressive Action is non-profit organization committed to ensuring the economic, political and social conditions of the Latino and vulnerable community of greater New Haven, through programs and advocacy. Founded in 1969 to support the transition of Puerto Rican migrants into New Haven, we have emerged as an organization that focuses on supporting and empowering Latino, immigrant and low-income communities through service and social change at a local and state level, with a growing national presence. The Director of Development plays a key role in raising funds to support the programs, operations and expand initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, to lead a comprehensive fundraising program with an annual fundraising goal of approximately $400,000.
- Update and implement short and long-term development plans.
- Work with Development Committee on creating a comprehensive major donor program and identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Conduct active stewardship, maintenance and growth of government grant programs.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events.
- Create a quarterly newsletter and the coordinate and develop additional communications materials.
- Make public appearances and attend speaking engagements to share information about Junta’s work in the community.
- Maintain social media presence, maintain website and donor database.
- Work closely with the Board to drive Board fundraising, and coordinate the Development Committee, and other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- College degree and three years’ experience in relevant field;
- Experience in cultivating relationships with donors, private foundations and government agencies;
- Experience in creating program budgets;
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced, team environment;
- Commitment to the mission, values and goals of Junta;
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus;
- Experience in special event planning preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How to apply: send resume and cover letter to: Sandra Trevino, Executive Director, JUNTA, 169 Grand Avenue, New Haven, CT 06513. E-Mail: Sandra.Trevino@juntainc.org
To Apply for positions
Send a Cover letter and resume to Sandra Trevino, Executive Director. Junta for Progressive Action, 169 Grand Avenue, New Haven, CT 06513. Sandra.Trevino@juntainc.org. Please note the job title in subject line of emails.
Junta for Progressive Action is an equal opportunity employer.